Hello friends!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
PeggyF

Hello friends!

Post by PeggyF »

Due to my recetn surgeries and a trip to one of my favorite cities to finish recouping, I have been absent from the message boards and still trying to catch up.
I am scheduled for another surgery on Nov. 15th (hysterectomy), so I'll only be on here until Wed--then another week off or so.
I will, however, be available to answer questions about the Within Reach Program, call backs, etc. until Wed. evening.
Hope this finds you all well!

Love,
Peggy
Kathleen

Re: Hello friends!

Post by Kathleen »

Hi Peggy

I missed you hope all will be healthy and well soon

How is the baby Connor...any news or did I miss it...

Get well real soon
Kath
PeggyF

Re: Kath

Post by PeggyF »

Hi Kath!
No, I didn't update on Connor because I couldn't connect from the B&B I stayed at.
Connor is doing great :o)
He's giving Sarah a run for her money -- getting up every 2 hours to eat. He's gained a pound since he left the hospital. Other than baby acne, no problems at this point--Thank the Good Lord!

I'll talk with you soon!
Love,
Peggy
PeggyF

Re: Lyn

Post by PeggyF »

Lyn,
Thanks!
I'm not going to have much choice as to let them do everything --or it will have to wait until I can do it.
I'm under strict orders to do nothing the first week except get up to go potty: no stairs, no lifting, no nothing. Should be interresting since my room is upstairs and I'll have to stay on the couch in the living room (one big open room downstairs.)
My doc says I should be fully recouperated by Christmas and that after the first two weeks, I'll be able to do some stuff, but I'll get tired out quickly.
I'll be in touch! The computer is downstairs :o)
Joy in FL

Connor

Post by Joy in FL »

So glad to hear about Connor! I had been wondering how he was. My son was never a "sleeper" either!

Good luck with your surgery. I had the same in January of this year. Best thing I ever did. Fairly fast recovery. Actually had less pain when I woke up than I had before surgery. The nurse kept asking me why I was not using the morphin button. I did not need it! LOL

Let us know as soon as you can how you are doing.

Joy
Joy in FL is now living in Georgia!
Left TBI on October 31, 1991
francine

Post by francine »

good luck with your surgery....

You've had so much happen in your family recently - I hope you are taking good care of yourself. I will keep you in my prayers,

francine
PeggyF

Re: Connor

Post by PeggyF »

Joy,

Connor is doing just great and we are all very thankful for it and for all the prayers that went out for him!

I hope my recovery from the hysterectomy goes as well as yours! I have a few questions for the doctor before I go in, but I'm quite certain this is a necessity.

I'll be in touch as soon as I'm able to get on here. Depending on how he does it (vaginally or cutting) I'll be in the hospital overnight or 2 nights.

Love,
Peggy
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Francine,
Thanks.
Connor is doing super! my sister seems to be on the right track, although her divorce is not final yet. Christopher's surgery (Debbie's son) went well and seems to be recoverring great.
I'm tired, but my head feels so much better without all that pressure from the polyp and the labs from that came back just fine. It's a little tender still, but nothing compared to like what it was.
I have a feeling that 2002 will be a much better year for my family :o)

Love,
Peggy