BPI Support Group in St. Louis

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

BPI Support Group in St. Louis

Post by mamaofsix »

Hello all!

We will be having our first support group meeting on Tuesday, Nov 11 at 5:30 pm at St. Louis Children's Hospital in the cafeteria. Each family that would like to attend will have a 5.00 credit towards any food. Please contact me at stlbpi@yahoo.com if you are interested in attending. We will have bi-monthly meetings and plan on having a fundraising dinner in April.

Message was edited by: mamaoftwo
mommieinneed

Re: BPI Support Group in St. Louis

Post by mommieinneed »

I am going to try to be at this group. Hopefully there are alot of others that Maggie can meet. Ill keep you informed.
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Post by bfaithda »

November 11th is on a Tuesday not Saturday. In case someone gets confused. Yes, I will be there!!
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

Post by mamaofsix »

Oops! Thanks for catching that for me Bridget. I edited my original message. It is on Tues. Nov 11 at 5:30. We will be meeting in the private dining area of the cafeteria. Food and drinks will be provided.