HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATH!!!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATH!!!

Post by Judy-T »

Hope that you have a great day!!!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATH!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

WELCOME TO THE 70'S CLUB!!!...i remembered!!...lol
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. ;)
GOD BLESS YOU!

HUGS GALORE,
Carolyn J

Message was edited by: Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Kath,

Wishing you a very special birthday. Sure hope you did something really fun with the family.

Love and hugs,

Karen and family
claudia

Post by claudia »

Happy Birthday!!
I hope the cake was incredibly chocolately and you loved every bite.

claudia

Message was edited by: claudia
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Thanks all, I had a great Birthday and celebrated all week long!

Claudia my daughter baked two cakes for me. One, of course, was chocolate and the other Angel Food. I'm so glad I taught my girls to cook and bake! Now I don't have to anymore. LOL.

Kath robpi/adult now *** 70 ***
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
claudia

Post by claudia »

I'm so glad you celebrated for a week, Kath! I LOVE birthdays and think they should all be weeklong celebrations!

Juliana's 10th birthday was November 8th and we've been celebrating since since October!!!!

I hope you are feeling well.

You are welcome to come and visit our new home in SC.

claudia
carron

Post by carron »

Love you hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks for all the help with Thomas over the years....