spinal cord stimulator for pain management post TBPI

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
bettysrn
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 2/25/11 TBPI

spinal cord stimulator for pain management post TBPI

Post by bettysrn »

Does anyone have experience with spinal cord stimulator for pain management of unrelenting pain following TBPI
Thank you very much for any information shared.
bill de brooklyn
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: BP injury July 20, 1968 the result of an auto accident(c5). No surgery.

Re: spinal cord stimulator for pain management post TBPI

Post by bill de brooklyn »

I have no experience with one but I just purchased a TENS unit to see if it helps with my arm pain.
marlene1959
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle Accident-passenger (May 07) RTBPI (avulsion), closed head injury, diminished sight in right eye, Broken neck,wrist,ankle,clavicle, burst T6 (surgical intervention),ribs, fractured facial bones. In coma for 5 weeks, rehab 5 weeks. Back to work 3 1/2 months post accident. Referred to Mayo from Louisville Hand Center. Brachial Plexus Reconstruction at Mayo February 2008. January 2010-showing small signs of nerve activity. Was last seen at Mayo July 2010 and was told I did not HAVE to return unless something changed....am still dealing with the disappointment of being told this. I'm afraid my surgery was performed too late (9 months post accident) to be successful.

Post by marlene1959 »

I have surgery scheduled Aug 31 at Barnes-Jewish West in St Louis for a spinal cord stimulator implantation. During my week trial I slept better than I had since my accident occurred!! My intermittent pain surges were decreased in both number of occurrences and levels of pain felt. I am hoping for as good or better results from the implantation. Will keep you posted !!
Christopher
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Date of Injury: 12/15/02

Level of Injury:
-dominant side C5, C6, & C7 avulsed. C8 & T1 stretched & crushed

BPI Related Surgeries:
-2 Intercostal nerves grafted to Biceps muscle,
-Free-Gracilis muscle transfer to Biceps Region innervated with 2 Intercostal nerves grafts.
-2 Sural nerves harvested from both Calves for nerve grafting.
-Partial Ulnar nerve grafted to Long Triceps.
-Uninjured C7 Hemi-Contralateral cross-over to Deltoid muscle.
-Wrist flexor tendon transfer to middle, ring, & pinky finger extensors.

Surgical medical facility:
Brachial Plexus Clinic at The Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
(all surgeries successful)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
~Theodore Roosevelt

Post by Christopher »

marlene1959 wrote:I have surgery scheduled Aug 31 at Barnes-Jewish West in St Louis for a spinal cord stimulator implantation. During my week trial I slept better than I had since my accident occurred!! My intermittent pain surges were decreased in both number of occurrences and levels of pain felt. I am hoping for as good or better results from the implantation. Will keep you posted !!

Best of luck to you!!!
and thanks for posting this.

Chris
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

marleen, i hope you get as good of a result as i have gotten from my recent surgery. which is saying a lot. good luck to you. :D 8-)
djk
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: extensive right side brachial plexus injury as a result of a motorcycle accident on 8/25/10.

Post by djk »

good luck marlene1959. this sounds interesting.