Microsoft split keyboard for obpi?

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
admin
Site Admin

Microsoft split keyboard for obpi?

Post by admin »

Hi all

As I said on other posts I am on borrowed computer. I have had a Microsoft split keyboard since they first came on the market... but don't remember how long...

As I sit and try to type on this normal keyboard I am reminded how hunched my shoulders must be to keep the right fingers on the keys to type... I find a regular keyboard so uncomfortable.... I also make frequent errors in typing and am uncomfortable....

With the split keyboard my right obpi arm is allowed to fall into its un-natural position...lol... elbow out! and I can type with comfort and ease and SO MUCH LESS STRESS ON THE SHOULDERS NECK BACK AND ARMThis keyboard allows me to rest my short arm on the pillow at the elbow and to type with my bpi elbow out and relaxed and my hand turned....

I forgot how uncomfortable the regular keyboard is and now i have to stop because my arm neck and scapular are in pain....

Check this out in a store next time and see how you guys feel about it .... I was just wondering if it is me or it would help the younger obpi with the bent arms too......

Ok...guys miss you all and welcome to the new people....glad you found us....
I'll check in when I can....
Happy New Year
Kath
Janny-scotland

Re: Microsoft split keyboard for obpi?

Post by Janny-scotland »

i dont have this problem.... i just type one handed lol but i can type as fast as any 2 hander can. one night i was on chat to a woman..cant remember who it was now, and i dont think she believed i was obpi because i sent the replies back so quickly lol
its just like everything else,you get in the habit of doing it single handed and then dont even bother to attempt it any other way!!

take care,
janny
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Thanks ryan... I can type with two hands but because of the way my right bpi arm is positioned (elbow out and my hand sidways on any key board) I found this was a great relief... but if one cannot use two hands... that is different....

Thanks for the information
and Hi
Kath
francine

Post by francine »

Ryan I'd like to learn more about the combinations you have to use and how long it took for you to learn? I have been having some severe carpal tunnel in my left hand and an alternative for me might be helpful to give it a rest. Thanks. I also passed your link to the erbscoollist..so everyone could find out about it!!
-francine