amputee

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
south GA

amputee

Post by south GA »

I was wondering if any of yall have an amputation because of your bpi? have you had alot of trouble with prosthetics?
admin
Site Admin

Re: amputee

Post by admin »

Hi

I recently had my arm amputated after 20 years TBPI, It is the best thing I have ever done, I have not bothered getting a false arm, it would cause me to much hassle having it strapped on etc. I have just had 20 years carrying my paralysed arm about, having to lift it everywhere, in and out of clothing, it is great to be able to throw a t-shirt over your head and its on,without lifting my arm through the slieve and fluffing about, I feel so liberated without it, although sadly no pain relief but I never expected any.

This is the first time I have posted apart from (Roll Call Lurkers a couple of years ago).

cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Andy,
Try posting this on the UK site as I am aware of a few amputees over there who are very pleased with the results, as Duncan said. The site is... http://www.tbpiukgroup.homestead.com/index_1.html
Best of luck!
COurt
Susie Kaye

Post by Susie Kaye »

Hi there!

I had my arm amputated in Aug. The accident where I received my bpi was May 2000. Like Duncan, amputation was the best thing I ever did. Also like him, I don't bother with a prosthetic. I just got rid of 1 thing hanging from my neck and shoulder. Why attach another? My amputation was at the shoulder joint, so no prosthetic was going to be any good for anything but looks anyway. I decided it just wasn't worth it.

If you have any other questions you want to ask me just e-mail me any time. We Southerners must help each other. I'm in western ARK.

SusieKaye

jacko

Post by jacko »

I had my amp June 2002 after 5 years flail arm. I TOTALLY agree with Duncan. I dont wear a prosthesis either, although having seen Mr Tom Hyde's one, I'm starting to think a bit differently. See http://pub28.ezboard.com/fadultswithbra ... D=36.topic Tom's working prosthesis is amazing.