14 year old son

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
tlowens

14 year old son

Post by tlowens »

My 14 year old son has a right BPI with Erb's palsy. He is facing lots of "body image" issues and I think talking to someone who is in a simliar situation would do wonders for him.......if there is a teen or an adult out there who would like to be his pen pal......I would be so grateful. He is a touch...great kid......but I have heard him say so many times "I feel like the only one in the world like this".........thanks in advance
Dean-na

Re: 14 year old son

Post by Dean-na »

Hey, I am 32 & if ever needs to talk to someone he sure can email me. I have 2 children myself (12 & 9). I know I could relate to thinking that your the only one in the world with a "bad" arm. I sure wish when I was his age that I had the technology of today. Just let him know that there are plenty others of us out there. At one time there was another teenager looking on here for a pen pal. You might want to post this on the general message board too. Maybe they will respond.

Good luck,
Deanna
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

Well, I'm old enough to be his grandfather so if he could use some "grandfatherly" advise, I'd be more than happy to pass it along. Tell him that he can e-mail me at anytime.

John P.
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Hello, My name is Amy. I am 16 years old and understand exactly what your son feels. If he wants to talk to a female he sure can email me. I think it would be nice to hears a teen guys point of view, Not trying to scare the mom. lol. Any way If he wants he can email me at hope16_05@hotmail.com just put something recognizeable in the subject line.
Amy
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
ambybaby0502

Post by ambybaby0502 »

hi, i am also 14 and i know exactly how he feels. i think it would be awesome of i could talk to him. i dont know anyone my age and i think it would be cool to talk to him. please email me :amberj1990@hotmail.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My name is Molly. I am 13 and have right bpi with erbs palsy. I'm just starting to see if surgery will help me. I live in California and will me going to see Dr. Nath and another Dr. in Dallas in December. Would be fun to talk to another teenager who has the same problem as me. Email me at dohertyfive@hotmail.com.
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

That's exactly how I felt as well. Like I was the only one in the world with this. And now look....I'm not alone at all! I have met so many wonderful people on this site that have helped me out tremendously. I cannot ever thank them all enough. I am 33 with lobpi. He can feel free to e mail me at any time. I would love to talk to him. Talk to you soon.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Im Priscilla, my son James is 12-RTBPI. He often feels the same way. Boy, I wish there was a way where we could all get together! E-mail me and maybe they can chat over the phone. (Maybe this time Amy, he will talk to someone)being a guy no offense, LOL! Where are u all from?
Rhyno

Post by Rhyno »

Hi my name is ryan im also 14 years old i wasnt born with it i got in a snowmobile accident 4 years ago if he wants to email me he sure can pbking81090@yahoo.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,
I have a 12 yr old daughter and she has "Globle Palsy" So anyone would like to be email-pals here is her email address... princess_demetria828@yahoo.com her name is DeeDee and we live in PA