LITICIMOUS MUSCLE AND TENDON TRANSFER?????

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
admin
Site Admin

LITICIMOUS MUSCLE AND TENDON TRANSFER?????

Post by admin »

MY 18MTH OLD DAUGHTER IS SCHEDULED TO HAVE THIS DONE TH 30 OF THIS MONTH. IS ANYONE FARMILIAR WITH THIS AND WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME OF THIS PROCEDURE. I UNDERSTAND SHE WILL BE IN THE STATUE OF LIBERTY CAST.
TINA-T

Re: LITICIMOUS MUSCLE AND TENDON TRANSFER?????

Post by TINA-T »

Dear Guest..........

I am 45 and have never had any surgery.........but wanted to wish you and your daughter much luck and success. I also wore the st. of liberty brace many many moons ago, but remember nothing about it.
frashley

Post by frashley »

My 6 year old daughter is schelduled to have the same surgery on March 11! As far as I understand it has a very good success rate with children because of their ability to teach their brains new stuff! I wish your daughter luck.
francine

Post by francine »

hi... this is one of the procedures that was done for my daughter's second surgery. At the hospital she went to - Texas Childrens - they called it the Mod Quad. She was in the SOL splint.

I have it all written up in her website...

http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia/homepage.html

If you are going to TCH - then I also have a great page called What To Expect On The Day Of Surgery.

If you have any other questions or just want to share or get support - come to the General Board, where there are mostly parents with injured children there. There's a wonderful group of participants on the message boards here.

take care and I hope the surgery goes well,
francine