Bra Staps (again!)

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Stephanie

Bra Staps (again!)

Post by Stephanie »

Hello!

For those of you that are new to this website, I'll introduce myself. I am a 54 year old woman with a left OBPI.

I've been wearing a product for about a year now that has eliminated my bra strap slippage completely on the OBPI arm. This is thrilling to me, especially after picking up my bra strap constantly for over 40 years!

It's made by a California company called FashionForms and the style is called "Comfy Shoulders." I bought two pairs from the J.C. Penney website under woman's/bras/accessories. Here is a link to the manufacturer's website:

http://www.fashionforms.com/acces_2.html

They are made from silicone and feel as comfortable and natural as can be.

The "Soft Shoulder" shoulder pads (a real shoulder shape made from silicone!) looks very interesting, too.

The "Comfy Shoulder" no-slip pads were only $14.00 a pair from Penney's, and they are virtually indestructible!

I hope you'll give them a try.

-Stephanie
kamren

Re: Bra Staps (again!)

Post by kamren »

I am going to have to look at Penny's for these. If given a chance everything will slide right off my left shoulder! It would be so great to not have to be pulling my bra strap up all the time!
Kathleen M

Post by Kathleen M »

Hi Stephanie

Nice to see you posting again! I hope all is well and you are not working too hard... LOL..

I am heading out to Penny's ... this looks amazing. Also if I hook on the shoulder pad on the right side I will look equal...
We missed you!
Thanks for posting this information glad you shared it with us especially after giving it the one year test... LOL... now we know they work
Kath
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

They are truly wonderful!

I had to buy the last pair from the J.C. Penney website because the store didn't have them in stock.
They were on back order on the website, but I waited a few days and they shipped them to me. I didn't notice if you could order them from the manufacturer's website
or not.

Yes, I've been working hard and very busy so that's why I haven't posted. Also, I just LOVE reading posts more than I like writing them! LOL!

-Stephanie
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Hi Steph

I am going to try to order them...

I love to read too! Imagine if all us readers were writers how interesting this board would be!.... LOL...

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
buddyfan

Post by buddyfan »

Anyone know if you can get these in the Uk or a UK website.
Or anywhere in Washington DC (my husband often travels there)
Kim
buddyfan

Post by buddyfan »

PS. For bra slippage I just use those tabs you attach to your clothes. Safety pin at one end, popper at the other. You just attach the pin and popper the tab round your bra strap.
I liked the look of the padding on the ones mentioned here though. My bras always cut into my duff shoulder.
Kim
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

If you go to the company's web site, click on the Contact Us link, then click on "Where To Buy."
There are several stores listed, and I'm sure someone must ship over seas. I've bought items for my children on UK web sites, so hopefully you can do the same.

I am writing this from the library where I've worked for 29 years, and I just finished shelving several videos. Normally, my bra strap would have fell down several times as I was doing this, but since I've worn been wearing them, it hasn't happened once!

These things are great!!

Hope you find a link there that you can purchase them from.

-Stephanie
Kathleen M

Post by Kathleen M »

Stephanie

Thanks for sharing... just want you to know in case you forgot I am a visual person... so I can see you putting up those books without pulling up the strap... LOL... that sounds great to me!

Kath
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I thought I was the only one with this problem, its nice to know that its not just something wrong with me. It is such a pain to have to constantly adjust everything on my right shoulder. They seel these things at WalMart that fit across the back of both straps and are supposed to keep them from falling down but since I can't reach behind my back I have some trouble getting my bra on and off. I'll check out the manufacturer you suggested. I also feel that front-closure bras should be more available for people with limited felxibility. I always have to just pull my bra off and on over my head and as a result they stretch out and I have to replace them more often. thank you for posting this useful information, I will be sure to check out my local Penney's