Tac gel with foam pads?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Stephanie P

Tac gel with foam pads?

Post by Stephanie P »

Savannah has just started her third new placement with TES. We had been using the carbon pads, but they won't work with the new placement. Has anyone tried tac gel with the foam pads? What is the average life of foam pads?
Thanks,
Stephanie
Francine_Litz

Re: Tac gel with foam pads?

Post by Francine_Litz »

stephanie I'm curious to know why the carbons won't work with the new placement and foams will? they come in the same sizes... and the carbons you can cut down...

we hated the foam ones because we have to tape the electrodes down in order for them to stay and the tape removes a layer of foam each time you tape it so their lives were exremely short... and they kept on coming undone at the connectors... memories of a bad few months... :( but I do know of others who have had success and love the foam ones...

Stephanie P

Post by Stephanie P »

The carbon pads don't wrap around Savannah's wrist well, and the 1.5 inch square carbons don't wrap enough of her arm. I was thinking the foam ones would wrap better... Have you heard of anyone using tac gel with foam pads?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

According to Dr. Pape, Axelgaard (the new electrode manufacturer she uses) has created a tiny wrap around electrode, especially for little guys. Contact tasc for info on it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Axelgaard is the new supplier that tascnetwork is using. Dr. Pape said that they have a small wrap carbon that is brand new that they use on babies. You may want to call and find out about this. Francine has this link on her estim page.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have used Tac gel with foam pads for a year or so now. I wrap a 1x6 around Josh's upper arm, wrap a 1x6 around his arm just above the elbow, I cut a 1x6 down a bit and wrap it around his arm just below the elbow, and wrap a 1x4 around his wrist. Then I use about a 2 foot piece of coban (I actually use Vetrap cuz it's MUCH cheaper) to wrap upward from his wrist to his elbow, securing the wire connectors underneath, then I use another 2 foot piece of coban to wrap upward from his elbow to his shoulder, again securing the wire connectors underneath. I usually get as much as 3 months out of a set of foam electrodes (that's 1 month with the gel that's already on them, and then another 2 months using the Tac gel.)
Sali