Insurance Paying for TES Unit

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
ellasmommy

Insurance Paying for TES Unit

Post by ellasmommy »

Has anybody got their insurance to pay for their ThES unit? We have new insurance (LifeWise) and the rejected the claim for the ThES unit for Ella saying that it was experimental. Any suggestions from similar situations would be very helpful because we definately plan on fighting this one.
Francine_Litz

Re: Insurance Paying for TES Unit

Post by Francine_Litz »

ours paid
tascnetwork can help you with the documentation needed to get it paid by insurance
also see this page for insurance codes, etc.
http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia/estim.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't much much about the TES Until b/c we haven't gotten to that point yet, but you can always appeal this insurance company's decision. We had a cranial band denied coverage when Ella was an infant and I appealed it. I only needed one appeal and it went through as covered. You just need lots a documentation on the TES and on Ella's injury and benefits of the TES for her injury.
Krista
StephP

Post by StephP »

We had Aetna and they paid 100%. They were only going to pay 40% at first, but then found out that Mayatek was the only company making the model.
Good luck!