Pacific Northwest Gathering

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
PeggyF

Pacific Northwest Gathering

Post by PeggyF »

Hey people of the Northwest! It's been a long time since we had a gathering here, so I'm looking at putting one together after the Holidays and when the weather might be more cooperative (like Feb or March).
My Helping Hands distribution list must be outdated because while some of you still have the same email addresses, I received many mailer deamons. So, if you are interrested in having this happen, email me.

I'm thinking Seattle or Tacoma might be the easiest and more centrally located, but open to other suggestions.

Peggy
Karen McClune

Re: Pacific Northwest Gathering

Post by Karen McClune »

Thanks Peggy,

Tacoma area sounds good.

Also March might be warmer.

It would be nice to see everyone again.

Hugs, Karen

Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Great idea, Peggy! I'd love to see everybody.I'll come anytime,anywhere.
Hugs all around,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Brandon_3

Post by Brandon_3 »

Hey Peggy,
That sounds awesome March sounds good but late for better weather and spring break for parents. Keep me up to date and let me know what I can do. Take care.
BRabbitt
(Brandon)
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

I'm not even sure when our spring break is. I'll take a look at the school schedule later, but I know not everyone's spring breaks are at the same time. We'll just have to chose a weekend and hope for descent weather.

Peggy
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Can I come???

COurt:)
espiper

Post by espiper »

I would like to come too! I am in Portland, OR. Suzy
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Any and all are welcome to come!

Court... did you even have to ask???

Peggy
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

hahahaha Thanks Peggy!!
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

Peggy:

I'd be happy meet more people from the PNW. However, please avoid Feb 5-10, Feb 26-Mar 3, and Mar 16-17. We're working on ski trips those dates and I'd hate to have to make a choice.

John P.