Free Altered Clothes for Post-Surgery Girl

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Stormy

Free Altered Clothes for Post-Surgery Girl

Post by Stormy »

Hi, my dear mother-in-law who used to be a seamstress altered quite a bit of clothing for my daughter when she had her Triangle Tilt surgery at age 9 (RIGHT BPI). It is clothing for cooler/colder weather (we are in Pennsylvania and the surgery was in January)...five long-sleeve cotton shirts in solid light colors and six fleece vests/shirts to wear separately or over top of the solid shirts. They have been cut down the sides, re-seamed and ties have been sewn in along the sides for adjusting around the splint. They are in excellent condition, as they have only been worn for 1-2 months. Please email me at wstorms@comcast.net if you are interested in them!
Lexijason2004

Re: Free Altered Clothes for Post-Surgery Girl

Post by Lexijason2004 »

I have a boy who isn't even scheduled for surgery yet, but I would love to see photos of the clothes so that I might "copy" them if and when we need to.

If it's possible to take a photo, you can email me at lexipward@hotmail.com.

Thanks.
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

I'm so sorry that I don't have any digital photos of my daughter in her splint/clothes! We didn't have a digital camera at that time. I can tell you that the long sleeve of the injured arm was cut off and made into short-sleeve. Then the shirt was cut from the armpit to the waist and she reseamed the raw edges. She then sewed in several ribbon ties down the torso to tie it around the splint. Let me know if I can answer any more questions. Good luck!
Lexijason2004

Post by Lexijason2004 »

Thanks!
shellybell03

Post by shellybell03 »

hi what size was your daughter at the time of surgery?My daughter is going for her second surgery at boston on jan 6, she will be in the statue of liberty cast for 6-8 weeks, she is 2 years old but very tall for her age. i would be ever so grateful if you can get back to me @ shellybell03@hotmail.com
thanks. shell
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

My daughter was 9 years old when she wore these clothes. I wanted to let anyone know that I have digital photos of these clothes that I would be happy to share. Email me at wstorms@comcast.net if interested.