Just want to share some exciting news about Maia!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Just want to share some exciting news about Maia!

Post by Carolyn J »

WHOPPEE Maia!!!:) :) You go girl!!
We BPI-ers will rule someday and "Awareness" we'll attain everywhere we go. Our children will lead the way with heads held high.

((((HUG)))) for Maia & Mom too,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/age 68 & proud of it!:)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
momgg1

Post by momgg1 »

Congratulations!!!

Francine I spoke to you before Grace's mod-quad April 2005. You gave such insight into the injury and hope. Congratulations on Maia's success!!! Please let me know how the casting goes....we continue to battle Grace's contracture. Take care, Diane
Sidney's Mom

Post by Sidney's Mom »

Congratulations. Something for the rest of our children to aspire to. I couldn't be happier for you Maia and mom!
Mom2Michael

Post by Mom2Michael »

How cool is that!? WTG, Maia! I know that you'll do a bang up (haha) job! I hope that you'll post pics, Fran. Michael would be ever so jealous (he's a *huge* basketball fan - LOL)
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Rock on, Maia!!!!
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

Thanks to everyone. I printed up this whole post and I put it in her xylophone carry bag so that when she sets up for her "show" she'll get to see all your kind words. I also just got a new camera (mine died 6 months ago and I finally waded through all the reviews of the good the bad and the ugly) so I will be able to take stills and movies so hopefully - you'll get to see her in action. The great part is that her cast was removed and now she has a splint that she keeps on 24/7 (but can take it off for showers) and it's made so that her hand is free enough to hold a xylophone bonker (what are they called?) - so she's got 2 hands again.
alka

Post by alka »

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH YOU AND Maia!!! It is just so amazing to see how she excels in a variety of activities!!!Carry on wondergirl.All the best.
Lenni

Post by Lenni »

WTG Maia !!!!! I am crying tears of joy! I am so excited and delighted to hear of your musical accomplishments! Good luck !

Lenni
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

Here's 3 short video clips (smooshed together) of the practice sessions... maia is in the tie die on the left playing the xylophone....you can hear her pretty clearly...

btw - look! straight arm! (I took the splint off just moments before....so it was pretty stiff)

anyway- it was really fun to watch... they did really well - only about 15 or so kids
I'm just so proud! Who would have ever thought it was even possible :) (do you hear me sniffling in the background?)

http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia8/ima ... on%201.wmv
I also have it on www.youtube.com - search for FranLitz but as of this moment they didn't put it up yet- takes a bit of time.
angels mom

Post by angels mom »

I just love hearing good news! WAY TO GO MAIA!!!!