Legal Action??

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
valismom

Re: Legal Action??

Post by valismom »

I dont' know if anyone will look at this since the last post was so long ago but I have a case pending in Az and we went thru depo's and now the dr is going to settle so we will see what happens.
Jo

Post by Jo »

We sued in 2005 and settled in 2007.
Jo(mom to Nick, 2, LOBPI)
Kimberlee

Post by Kimberlee »

i to had the same experience just this week! We lost the case after 4 years of waiting and hoping.. My child has a permanent injury and no one has to pay for it but us! So,, off to the apelic division we to shall go..
Its so unfortunate how they turn out...
Kimberlee

Post by Kimberlee »

Your very fortuante that you are getting them to settle, going thru the trial was harder than the multiple surgeries my son had. Best of Luck to you and your family!
mlynn

Post by mlynn »

WE INTERVIEWED A BUNCH OF LAWYERS AND U MAY EMAIL ME
LOVE TO HELP
raindrop

Post by raindrop »

We sued. It took 6 long years to even make it to court. Medical malpractice is VERY back logged in Nevada! But we won! Totally worth it!
tylergsmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Hi! I am Laura, the mom of Tyler, who has a ROBPI. I've been a member of this site since 1998 and owe a great deal to the wonderful people in the UBPN community who have helped us along the way get what we needed to get done for Tyler. Tyler is now 14 years old and in the 9th grade. He's a super bright kid and loves his video games. Tyler had the mod quad surgery with Dr. Shenaq shortly before he passed. That was his first and only surgery. Now that he is older he is requesting additional surgery. He'd like to be able to supinate. Our goal is for Summer 2013.

Post by tylergsmom »

After interviewing several attorney's, we hired one that specialized in birth injury cases. Unfortunatley, because my son was born on a military base, the statute of limitations are different than if he had been born at a civilian hospital. We apparently waited too long, and we were unable to take anything to trial.
Laura LeNoir, Mom of Tyler, Age 14, ROBPI
mlynn

Post by mlynn »

This is my OPINION but, i feel that this injury is usually a fault! so it was someone's fault then they should pay. our insurance in america is u know.... so i think however hard it is it is worth it! if it is difficult i suggest finding a priest, psychologist or a family member or friend to vent. i do not seeing our health care getting any better soon/ although i hope and vote/ but this is something to consider? good luck bless ur family!
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Tylerbergsmom,
They tried to do the same thing to us, they sent all the dctors to IRAQ. my lawyer fought we finally settled out of court. But they did the same thing to us, one week before trial they sent all the doctors away for a year....all of them, right down to the corpsman, and at that time, they were only sending people away for six months.....nice try. Sorry yours didn't work out as planned!!! GAYLE
BIGJAVSMA

Post by BIGJAVSMA »

We hired attorney in 2004, being filed this week.