I need Financial assistance

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
nbkb1lo

I need Financial assistance

Post by nbkb1lo »

Hi
Something just changed in my insurance policy to where each OT visit requires me to pay Co-pay each visit ... this means I will be paying so much a month on co-pays. This may not sound like a huge expense but it adds up and when gas prices are affecting the prices of everything under the sun this extra expense would be tough to fork out...would anybody know of any type of funding that could help me out in this situation. Also, I am wondering how many parents have actually taken it into their own hands to do their kids OT exercises, because of the cost of PT/OT sessions…
Any input would be helpful!!!
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

Re: I need Financial assistance

Post by mamaofsix »

We have a program here in Missouri called First Steps that provides free PT/OT for income eligible residents. Maybe they can refer a program to you that is local? Here is the site http://www.eikids.com/mo/matrix/

Also, do you qualify for any state assistance? If so, that would take care of your copays. It would be used as a secondary insurance to your primary.
mlynn

Post by mlynn »

i live in florida too, Can u get help from the healthy kids program, or headstart? If u go to myflorida.com u can apply for state programs for children with special needs.
mlynn

Post by mlynn »

or florida kidcare
nbkb1lo

Post by nbkb1lo »

THANK YOU!!!
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

I also just discovered something that may be of help. I searched Tefra, it is a strate program the assists with medical expences for one condition (so it will help with a bpi issue but not a cold if you go to the doctor). Its something to look into if the child is under 18.
I know it is available in MN but I saw a bunch of othr states too while looking for the MN guidelines.
Hope that helps!
Amy 21 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN