careers

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbr9

careers

Post by cbr9 »

the thought just came to me, not sure if this is an old topic, so many of them, but i'm curious as to see what career choices others have gone with. myself i went back to my ironworking company as foreman and zoom boom forklift operator. i'd thought about getting into real estate, but i'm sitting great in my company. just thought this would make a good topic, and if nothing else, a resource for others strugling to find work. cheers.
jacko

Re: careers

Post by jacko »

I went back into teaching. There is very little physical effort required, so I do not put a strain on my back or my good arm. If I need anything heavy carried, I get the kids to help me. I was already qualified as a teacher and had one year's experience under my belt when I had my TBPI. Because there is such a desperate shortage of teachers in the UK, and especially maths teachers, the Headmaster kept my job open for me, and I returned part-time at first, gradually building up to full-time. It was difficult to learn to write with the wrong hand at first, but now it's no problem at all.

I don't know if you have Blu Tack in North America, but I couldn't be a teacher without it. Imagine trying to show a whole class how to use a protractor or a set-square using one hand. It's another of those many things we have to figure out, that everyone else takes for granted.

This is Zoe

Post by This is Zoe »

My accident was only 2 months ago so i'm still off work but I shall be going back to Business Banking as support team leader, in charge of 5. My boss has been excellent and said anything I want or need to help at work i can have.

How long were you all before you returned to work?
jacko

Post by jacko »

6'2".
Oh, I see what you mean...
4 months.