I'm one of the lucky ones!!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Mary Beth

I'm one of the lucky ones!!

Post by Mary Beth »

HI,

Long time it feels, Work is going well. I did get the BEST shoulder brace it holds the shoulder up and back I love it. I have so much less pain and I'm doing PT 3X week and I got to start on a Machine Woo HOOO to help build those muscles up things are getting stronger and I'm so happy. I'm SLOWLY getting the arm up and out and things are coming back it will be one year in Dec. that my Injury accrued. So I think I might be one of the lucky ones...

Thanks for letting me share I'll keep you all posted

Mary Beth
bensmom

Re: I'm one of the lucky ones!!

Post by bensmom »

Sounds like things are progressing really well for you Mary Beth- congrats, that's great news! Here's to continued improvements and healing!
brentr6
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle accident Oct 8, '06. TBI and LTBPI. Brachial Plexus Reconstructive surgery at the Mayo by Shin/Bishop/Spinner Jul '07. Gracilis muscle transfer for new bicep is working somewhat, still have a way to go-no hand-to-mouth motion yet!

Post by brentr6 »

Awesome Mary Beth!!! Simply Awesome!! Keep busting out the excercises they give you and ask them for more! There's so many directions these muscles move and we have got to start trying to work as many as we can! I'm no professional or anything, but it seems like to try and do a comparison w/your other arm or something like that. ZAsk the questions to the P.T. Docs, whoever! You want to do all the excercises to work All of these muscles to try and build the arm back up to as close to normal as possible! You can do it, keep your nose to the grind and see the results you get and it's more fuel for the fire to work harder!! We are certainly blest!!

Keep us updated, we need good updates like yours!!

Brent LTBPI/Oct'06
Mary Beth

Post by Mary Beth »

thank you, And I will keep you posted and I will continue to work hard with the arm!!
shaunnb

Post by shaunnb »

Great to hear!
Good luck with building it all up!

shaun
Mary Beth

Post by Mary Beth »

Well, isometric exercises are working really well. the strength is building. It's so great to be moving forward it will be one year in Dec. for me and I'm finally seeing that progression. The brace for my shoulder has done wonders and has really helped with pain. Again I'm one of the lucky ones! Keep up the work people it does pay off.....
troy

Post by troy »

hey just wondering where you got your brace`from im in australia but would go to the moon to get one sick off strapping my shoulder up as it sub laxes
Denis

Post by Denis »

I'm also one of the lucky ones. I had a great surgeon to put my shoulder back together after my accident and after three months of being unable to move anything from my left shoulder down except my bicep muscle a few other muscles showed a bit of function. It was a great day when I found I could squeeze toothpaste from a near full tube. The neurologist says few nerves are working but I've decided that since good muscles get bigger and stronger if we exercise them more then I will make my weak muscles stronger by pushing them to always do more. It works for me and I am always discovering something new I can do with my left hand or arm. It's like a baby discovering the world.
Mary Beth

Post by Mary Beth »

Troy,

Here is the info you are looking for.

I've had a few people ask me what Brace I'm using, I'm sending link. this brace holds shoulder up and back but does not restrict your arm use. from elbow down. http://www.sammonspreston...=get_product&id=54044

found this supplier in the U.K.
http://www.physioroom.com...oulder_Supports/2042.html
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Post by RobertRacer »

Your links dont seem to work.
Robert - LTBPI/34/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.