Birthing videos?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
PeggyF

Birthing videos?

Post by PeggyF »

Do any parents out there have video of their BPI child's birth? I know any more they prevent video taping the birth, but for some of the older kids, did anyone happen to get this on film?
bligen1

Re: Birthing videos?

Post by bligen1 »

Yes, we have video Of our daughters birth and injury. Taken back in 1989
brookepoague

Post by brookepoague »

I have the video of my son's birth from June, 2008
tylergsmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Hi! I am Laura, the mom of Tyler, who has a ROBPI. I've been a member of this site since 1998 and owe a great deal to the wonderful people in the UBPN community who have helped us along the way get what we needed to get done for Tyler. Tyler is now 14 years old and in the 9th grade. He's a super bright kid and loves his video games. Tyler had the mod quad surgery with Dr. Shenaq shortly before he passed. That was his first and only surgery. Now that he is older he is requesting additional surgery. He'd like to be able to supinate. Our goal is for Summer 2013.

Post by tylergsmom »

I have Ty's. 1998.

~Laura
Laura LeNoir, Mom of Tyler, Age 14, ROBPI
katep

Post by katep »

I have Joshua's, but it is a bit unusual (home birth in birthing tub). But you can clearly see how/whe he was injured.

Kate
mlynn

Post by mlynn »

we have a complete video of the bpi my son suffered. most hospitals do not allow video. we all know why. it helped get my son a settlement. so i guess we are lucky in the fact that this hospital allowed it. to see it is very sad. thank god we both lived through it.
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

That was going to be one of my next questions... if the video helped in getting anywhere with the legal issues.

One more important question:
If any of you would consider sharing your video (with anonymity, of course) with UBPN and the PREVENTION Program.

Those of you who have captured the birth of your BPI child ave a very rare and unique opportunity to assist with prevention efforts.

Your videos may clearly show excessive traction being applied to the baby's head and the actual cause of this injury.

Remember the UBPN Mission Statement: The United Brachial Plexus Network strives to inform, support, and unite families and those concerned with brachial plexus injuries and their prevention worldwide.

UBPN would sincerely appreciate your help. Only by caring, sharing and
coming together can we begin to create a stronger voice and help make a
difference for future babies.

For more information, please contact any of the following:

Lisa Muscarella: lisa@ubpn.org
Richard Looby: richard@ubpn.org
Peggy Ferguson: peggy@ubpn.org or pferg@wavecable.com