Vacuum cleaners

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Vacuum cleaners

Post by Carolyn J »

WHoooRrrraaay, for Tina!! :^)
HUGS,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Post by Judy-T »

Thanks for all the advice. I have a roomba,but it takes too long in my opnion to do the house. I went out and test drove vacuum cleaners. I could not push the dyson,it was to heavy for me. They did have a light weight one that was a little easier ,but it was on the pricey side. I am going back to the model of the hoover that I had for 9 years. It is the self-propelled wind tunnel and was the easiest one that I had tried to use. My hubby does not vacuum and wanted me to get a canister,(which I tried and was also harder to push). I told him if he wants to vacuum then he can get the cannister. Tina send John down here.......
Beckyerin

Post by Beckyerin »

i don't know of any light vacuum cleaners but I have a vacuuming tip. Grip the vacuum with both hands(if you can, some people can't with their BPI hands) and keep the vacuum in the center of your body versus the right or the left. This way you can use your core stomach muscles to help push the vacuum. I use this trick and I think it helps take away a lot of the muscle power I used to use vacuuming just with my unaffected arm.
Becky