anyone in maryland

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

anyone in maryland

Post by admin »

my daughter has BPI due to delivery, she was 9lbs 9oz when she was born. the doctors told me that most babies heel in a couple of weeks this should not be a problem.Its just a stretched nerve, but of course I had to due research on my own to find out everything I needed to know. when she was born she could only open andclose her hand, no movementin the arm. She did not move her arm until she was two months.she will be six months on the 12th of july and her arm is progressing but she has another appointment with the surgeons at nine months they mentioned something about a tendon transfer, if anybody knows anything about the transfers of the tendons or any support groups in maryland please let me know. Can anybody tell me how well there lawyer stories were and if they settled or went to court is it worth it???

thanks sadie
Noahsmom

Re: anyone in maryland

Post by Noahsmom »

Sorry, I am just reading this, but I am in Maryland - Montgomery County. Feel free to contact me. Maggie
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Sadie,
I advise posting/copy&paste your questions on the General Message Forum Board also, where other parents of children with OBPI(Obsteprical( Birth) Brachial Plexus Injuries) usually go.

Best Wishes,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/ age 70 :)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
homie04

Post by homie04 »

Hello,
I am new to this site and my 4 year old son has OBPI. He had surgery at 7 months and has made alot of progress. I live in Maryland (Anne Arundel County)and am looking for a children's support group for him. He is becoming very aware of his injury and is curious if other children are like him. Please let me know if you know of any groups.

Thank you
Kia