I'm New

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Leah 83

Re: I'm New

Post by Leah 83 »

Dear Missusj,
Well it took me a year to figure out if I put my hair up with a clip,like half hair up half hair down I then put a tie on around the top of my fingers then proceed to pull up the other half of my hair, loop it through, holding the twist with my index finger, then when finished I pull out the clip and my hair is in a messy pony tail which are in right now. It takes practice and with all of the practice I've had still takes awhile to do. Hope I explained it well enough. The best of luck to you!
Sincerly,
Leah
st3v3lad
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: bpi from a motorcycle crash

Post by st3v3lad »

its not an easy injury to live with but you do find ways around things i got mine from a motorcycle crash and still not got full movement back and its been 5 or 6 years now. And im glad there is other people around that know what im going through it was hard at first i felt like i was an alien or something lol any way best advice for is it is beleive in yourself and things get easier.
bill de brooklyn
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: BP injury July 20, 1968 the result of an auto accident(c5). No surgery.

Post by bill de brooklyn »

I had my injury at the age of 20, in 1968. I got married in 1975, had 3 children. changed diapers, taught them to ride a bike, taught them to nordic ski, sent them to college and took early retirement at age 55.

Me and my grand daughter after cross country skiing
michael sheets
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: long term total left arm. car accident 1975. many surgeries. if any one wants to learn how to live long term with this- im available 24-7.

Post by michael sheets »

im new to the site but lost my left arm in 1975. since then i have had 4 kids, 2 wives and taught myself to play one handed tennis, golf and shotgun shooting. there is nothing i cannot do. i never ask for help. i think about things before i do them and often have to try a couple of times. my arm hurts all the time- some days worse than others. i try to stay away from narcotics. i may sound tough but im not really but you need to take pride in your abilities and never live like a victim. figure it out. there is literally nothing you cant do with one arm. i can help anyone anytime but my best advice is stay strong and dont let 'em see your pain.