Athletic Activities you are doing!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
bill de brooklyn
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: BP injury July 20, 1968 the result of an auto accident(c5). No surgery.

Re: Athletic Activities you are doing!

Post by bill de brooklyn »

caught a mirror carp today all with one hand.

Bill
AngelaW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: X

Post by AngelaW »

You do realize that you have to invite us ALL over for a fish fry now........
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

Angela gets to cleanit and fry it up for us.since she is the top chef lol
bill de brooklyn
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: BP injury July 20, 1968 the result of an auto accident(c5). No surgery.

Sorry but I never keep them. Catch & release.
djk
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: extensive right side brachial plexus injury as a result of a motorcycle accident on 8/25/10.

Post by djk »

if it's catch and release do not put the little guy through so much trauma just for a nice picture. ya might give em a heart attack. bring em to you, take the hook out, release. not much need to even have em out of the water much. have fun.
bill de brooklyn

Dear djk,

How does one "bring em to you, take the hook out, release"? I Have all I can do to just to fish . If you can catch & release a big carp without taking it out of the water Please enlighten me! In the four decades I have had a disability I have learned to do many things but it would be truly impressive if I could do what you suggest. What do I do with the fly rod while my fingers remove the hook? The title of this thread is "Athletic Activities you are doing" so show me how a person with one arm can do what you recommend.

Bill
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

You really can do a FLY ROD :shock: AWSOME!!! :D ;) Smoke Carp is great-!! Just got to get out the MUD vein :D I sometimes catch and release to when the fish swallowed the hook to deep I cut the line and let it go ;) I love Fish fry, Pass the Sea food Sauce,PLease :lol: Strange thing do happen :shock: IN Scuba diving, You can pet a Grouper underwater like a Dog ;) But see it on the menu that night in the ISLANDS :shock: GO FIGURE! :shock: ;)
My other message end up in the next post-senior Moment :shock:
Heres a Funny :D ASIAN CARP do jump in the boat, Catch or Release ?? :roll:
TOM- FLY FISHING ONE ARM!! THATS GREAT!!! ;) :mrgreen:
gooftwo
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: c4,5,6,7 and t1 all avulsed,no left arm movement and fingers twich but no control.Had left arm removed at the shoulder.

Post by gooftwo »

been doing alot of shrimpin latley. Here in washington state you only get to shrimp 4 days in may but we got 2 extra days this year.It's not very athletic but it's outside and gets your mind off things.I don't do much of the work but I get to tell everone what to do and it is alot of fun and the shrimp are the best I have ever had.I love being out on the water and it is my boat so I guess I get to boss everone around and they love to be there also.
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Its hard to be( Depressed when you are happy in thing you OVER COME !!!!) :shock: :loll:
MR+POSITIVE< The Sling is AWSOME TO !!!! ;)
Tom ;) :D
djk
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: extensive right side brachial plexus injury as a result of a motorcycle accident on 8/25/10.

Post by djk »

i fish to feed myself and others. a friend of mine does the sport catch and release, he likes the little struggle action that happens when he gets a hit. being in a boat, after he reels in the fishy and has it along side the boat he removes the hook and releases. he is my helper so instead of releasing my catch he places it in a little screen box that hangs off the side of the boat and the little guy swims around in it til we get back to shore. then i do what i can to clean it up, i'm getting better. then i, and a few others chow down on my score and enjoy the tasty nutrition. i guess my point is if you are the catch and release then don't be having the fishy outside of it's natural element for too long. i'll tell you the same thing i tell my catch and release buddy, fish are great nutrition and taste good, sometimes it's better to eat the little guy than to toss em back. but whatever, have fun and enjoy. and let the fishy enjoy too. doug