BPI and Xbox Kinect

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

BPI and Xbox Kinect

Post by bfaithda »

Hey everyone! Haven't asked a question in awhile, but here I go! I am thinking about getting my kids an Xbox kinect, but I want to make sure Brayden will be able to use it about as good if not better than the WII. He can use the WII, but there are alot of game he wants to play that he has to use a controller. One of his favorite WII games is Wipepout, which is good therapy cause he has to use both hands on the controller, and he don't really care if he is not good at it. But he has a very floppy wrist and no grasp in his left hand, ad he can not raise his arm above his head. Would this affect how some games are scored or no. I am hoping it will be better than the WII for him, but wanting some opinions from people who have actually used it with BPI! Thank you for any advice anyone can give!