US Para Cycling National Championships

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
cdmurfee

US Para Cycling National Championships

Post by cdmurfee »

This weekend I participated in the US Paracycling national championships, and I think I represented us BPI'ers pretty well. I got 2nd in the time trial and road race, and 3rd in the criterium (short circuit race). I put in a time good enough for qualify for the talent pool for the para cycling squad, so I can now compete in international competitions. I wasn't very far from hitting the national standard either, so I'm thinking about competing in Canada in August to try to make the US ParaCycling national team. With all the lamentation that comes with living with BPI, I just wanted to point out that this time, I'm turning it into an overwhelming positive. I know all of us have it in us to make the best out of what we have to work with.

Best, Chris
28/LOBPI
Master DIVER TOM

Re: US Para Cycling National Championships

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Great!!!!! ;) :D
Tenacity and a creative will is a plus ;)
How to adapt is from a creative mine to adapt you learn over time in adapting :shock: ;) How we dreams up ways to try it appears that the extra pain is worth it by post to. Small or big things have value to move us forward and the post we try to share :shock: ;) :D
Tom
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: US Para Cycling National Championships

Post by Carolyn J »

Great Going,Chris!
I hope you post on Facebook UBPN page too. Alot of new families, teens and adults there who don't come to this site unfortunately :(

Any way ,I am cheering for you!
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75