More pain

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Sharon

More pain

Post by Sharon »

Well, I just typed a long message to the respose to pain and hit the wrong key and it looks like I deleted it. Cute huh? LOL

Any way, thanks Kath for the email about the new board. And just in case my msg did get posted I won't repeat.

The long and short of all our pains (according to drs._) Secondary to Erbs Palsy. Now isn't that a great explaination. So I have headaches and arm pain, and pain sysdrome and fibromyalgia, and pains and cramps in my feet and calves and of course the growing pains while growing up (earaches and general aches) And don't forget the depression. "We need to work on that according to the dr. Gee I thought I was doing pretty good at holding it together considering I'm unemployed and can't seem to focus and remember what I'm doing half the time and sleepy and can't sleep the other half, (office work of course) and still fighting social security, and dealing with new crap prob secondary to erbs. The list is endless. They did convince me to go to therapy. Boy did they have problems, I figured if I stayed there very long I would lose it too. I have done stress reduction techniques for years.

Oh well, Just wanted to say HI and I'm sorry I don't recognize all the names.
Sharon
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Re: More pain

Post by patpxc »

You sound like me!! Isn't it kind of scary how much alike we all sound? As for social Security ,call the case worker. Explain what you can't get across on paper. The Erb's, the overuse in the other arm. They don't seem to care about the fibro--even though I think that is it every bit of debilitating as Erb's. I know, i have it too. I used to fight not to fall asleep at work. Pat