i am new and looking for support....

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

i am new and looking for support....

Post by cbe411 »

Hi! My name is Courtney. I am a 23 year old college student in Michigan. I have a TBPI from a car accident in April 2001, 4 days after my 21st bday! I fell asleep driving home to my parents house for Easter, needless to say, I didn't get there. I fractured T1 and had no feeling or movement at all. I did feel the PAIN, was that rough, the worst I have ever felt! I even had to move back in with my dad for 3 months after bweing with my roomies for a year.
I had a nerve graph in Jan 02 in Louisville, KY (Dr. Wolffe) and he has talked of a lat transfer for elbow function. I found some information on the Yale Brachial Plexus Center and was very impressed. I am trying to see what my insurance will say about trying them... I just can't clo9se any doors!!
My mom came to visit me this weekend, we live about 2 hours away, and we got to talking and thought there has to be somewhere out there where people like mecan talk. Thats how I found this site and as I sit reading the posts, I just cry, I am no longer alone with these feelings I have!!
I am trying to deal with the depression side of it too, self esteem, school, working again in the future, in general getting on with my life and I am SCARED TO DEATH! I think that the depression is starting to get the best of me, and I DON'T WANT THAT!! I have 2 roomates who are the BEST! but I have always been and still attain to be as independent as I can! My parents thought I should move back home but I was determined to live back with my roomies and have a "normal" life, of which I am and glad that I did!!
Hope that this hasn't bored any of you but I was EXSTATIC to find this site and was thinking maybe I could talk with some people, if there is anyone from Michigan, that would be great too!!!! I have AOL (princes4118021): yahoo messenger (court1720): or MSN messenger (cbe411). If you can catch me I would LOVE to talk!!! Thank you and take care to all who read!!! :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: i am new and looking for support....

Post by admin »

hello i am a 39 year old mother in california i have had surgery every year since the end of 98 2 upper cervical and 2 lower lumbar the first dr. that did my neck cut through the back of my neck leaving a scar looking like a hiking map also cutting through the main nerve causing me to have damaged nerves r.s.d. a nerve disorder then my lower back well i will just say screwed it up. i then have had to have it repaired . do not give up your normal life trust me through the pain its a financial gain for others. write back