purple hands

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
erica

purple hands

Post by erica »

Hi everyone!
Well I'm sitting here in the computer lab at school, and my hand keeps turning purple. It's kind of interesting. Actually one side of my hand goes purple, while the other is completly normal coloured. It really is entertaing. Gosh, I never realized how chilly it is in here. Guess I better go to my locker and put on my coat. But man is my shoulder killing me. I think it's just too cold.
Hope you all are toasty warm, and free of purple hands and arms.
Erica:o)
admin
Site Admin

Re: purple hands

Post by admin »

Hi Erica,
I am 51 years old, right obpi. I've seen my hand turn purple from the cold several times!! That's when I know it's time to cover it up! I have been wearing a nice little flesh colored glove while I'm at work in the office. It's usually used for carpal tunnel, something I have in the "good" hand, but it seems to do the job in keeping the obpi hand warm as well.

When you see "purple," cover up!
Take Care,
-Stephanie
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Hi Erica

I have purple gloves want one????? .... to match that hand...LOL

The cold is a killer...I hate it!! just on the bpi side....

You need some gloves to type... maybe the ones with half the fingers cut out to keep the hand warm....

I don't get purple hand...mine just gets very white...

Warm up now.... have a cup of hot Chocolate...or tea...
Kath
Joy in FL

Post by Joy in FL »

Yep, I do the purple hand thing. The higher I lift my arm the deeper the color gets. Thus, the reason I can't lift my arm higher than my shoulder.

It is interesting to watch. The body can be extremely interesting. I love showing people that don't think there is anything wrong with me. Lift the arm and the hand turns purple and goes ice cold! Neat magic trick! LOL
Joy in FL is now living in Georgia!
Left TBI on October 31, 1991
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

You girls are impressing me.... and I am having some serious hand color envy...LOL

Kath
erica

Post by erica »

LOL I love you guys.
Since I only type one handed I think I can stick with the whole glove, but great idea.
I think it must be this room I am in. My arm is already starting to bother me. hmmm I wonder how long it would take for my hand to go purple this time.
You know Kath, the white sounds pretty cool.
Erica:o)