protocall for TES and NMES

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Tabi's mom

protocall for TES and NMES

Post by Tabi's mom »

Cheryl a OT at TCH told me to get on to www.tascnetwork.com to see the protocall for BPI using a TES and a NMES. Tabtiha has been using a TES for about 10 months and we just ordered her NMES and I have never heard that there was a certain protocall to follow. My questions is that I can not find that website address, I have even tried .org, does anyone know the address or the protocall.
Thanks,
Tisha, Tabi's mom
Francine_Litz

Re: protocall for TES and NMES

Post by Francine_Litz »

tisha - contact Dr. Pape at info@tascnetwork.net

Are you working with a therapist who is trained on TES? This therapist should have the protocols for placement, etc.

StaceyF

Post by StaceyF »

Francine, I spoke with a PT in Maine yesterday about TES, she said she attended a training put on by a parent in Phili. And a PT from Boston was there doing the training. It was interesting, I said I know the parent you are talking about, I also just attended a BPI symposium put on by her!! You are famous in the BPI world!!! Small world huh? We are still trying to get this set up for Nicholas. I may have to go to Boston to be trained myself. This PT lives 3 1/2 hours away!! There are only two in Maine trained to do this and the second is about 6 hours away!!! Stacey
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

it's a small world!! hahaha I will email you...
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Stacy... btw Dr. Pape has a home study program that your regular therapist can take.... the protocols are pretty simple. A regular evaluation is done, the weakest muscles are assessed - there are only a few possible placements - there is a strategy. Have your therapist contact Dr. Pape to ask about the home study course....