Would it be too much to ask?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
JessicasMom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 10 year old Jessica born on 9/6/03 with a LOBPI.
Mostly recovered, no surgery, still has remaining functional deficits
including no active external rotation.

Re: Would it be too much to ask?

Post by JessicasMom »

Hi Catrina,

My name is Michelle. I'm 32 and I live in NJ. I am mom to Jessica. She is 11 months old and has a LOBPI. I only use this login (Jessicasmom) and sign my posts with my name.

Jessica is recovering from the injury very well. Her only limitations now are full supination (she can get about 10 degrees past neutral) and full external rotation. We see her improving every day and she has not had any surgery as all the surgeons she has seen agree that her natural recovery is excellent. We are hopeful that she will not need surgery in the future. Nice to "meet" you!

Michelle
Joni

Post by Joni »

Hello, My name is Joni and that is what I post under. I have two daughters, Machera almost 5 yrs old (ROBPI), and Jaya 2 yrs, healthy C-Section baby. I have been coming to the boards since 2000, and try to visit weekly if not more! I am active in the Colorado Support Group and enjoy promoting awareness and supporting local families w/BPI. My daughter had only had primary surgery, but is in need for tendon transfers in the wrist/hand. I also suspect an elbow dislocation. She has a spinal cord injury as well, so we see leg involvement among other complications. ;o( Despite her injuries, she is very bright, beautiful and strong and works very hard to excell in dance classes! I'm glad you found the boards!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi! Welcome to the boards. My name is Priscilla, I live in the US. My 11 yearold son, James was injured in an accident and he has a right traumatic brachial plexus injury. He has had 1 surgery at Texas Childrens Hospital. After the Drs. diagnosed him with the injury, I started researching it for myself and found UBPN. I come here everyday and post as Priscilla. The info on this site and the people here have helped us so much and I certainly appreciate all the people here and definitly the people who organized and started this.
Allison

Post by Allison »

Hello everyone! My name is Allison. I am 33, mother of two, Kalista 5, and Bradley 2 1/2 ROBPI. Bradley's had three surgeries with Dr Nath. I run a local support group in Allentown, Pa. I see a huge need for bpi information to be spread. I'm the media mom. I have been working closely with our local NBC station (wcau) to run a story on bpi's. I spoke with the producer yesterday. It looks like our story will FINALLY air next week. Who knows where this will take us? After the NBC story, I will continue with another media mission. I am hoping we can reach others who arent aware of what has happened to their children.
m&mmom

Post by m&mmom »

Hi, I'm Cindy, mom to Melanie 5, and Matthew 3.5. Both are robpi. Melanie recovered at about 9 weeks, Matthew has a permanent injury. He's had 3 surgeries to date. You can visit www.franklinfamilybpi.com to view details on each of the surgeries. The only one that is not on the website yet is the mod quad. We were moving while that surgery was done and we still have not been able to find the pictures. I run a support group for Norhteastern PA.
Vanda Roseboom

Post by Vanda Roseboom »

Vanda here, mom to Richard 13 years ROBPI - no surgery to date regained alot of function but has shoulder problems primarily - we got hooked up here about a year ago now and have learned so much. We live in calgary alberta canada.
JanAmes

Post by JanAmes »

I'm Jan, I have 3 daughters Elizabeth 8, Rachael 6, and Sarah 2. Sarah is ROBPI. I started looking at this message board last year when Sarah was scheduled for ModQuad surgery (it was cancelled). Sarah has not had any surgeries yet, she has used TES, which I learned about from this message board. I lurk to keep up with any new information, this has been an excellent resource. I do not post under any other name or guest. We live in Texas, USA.
Nettie

Post by Nettie »

Hi, I am Ann, mother to Sarah 7 and Joseph 6 with LOBPI. I usually just lurk here once in a while. I do not post under alias'. Nice to meet you.
cinanina

Post by cinanina »

Thank you all for your replies. I was consulting the tbpi message board like Jennyb suggested and they've got nearly 400 replies to more or less the same question. I'm getting the dimension of this.
SO we are indeed discussing for a huge crowd. It's a bit intimidating...
I find it a bit frustrating not to be able to memorize all of you. Perhaps in time.
Looking at the positive side we must think "well, we are definitly not alone". But is it the brigth side?It's great to see so many good results and optimistic approaches.
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Hi, Allison. I was wondering if when this newsreel is shown, if there will be some way for us who don't get the local show can still see it? Thanks.

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old