brachial plexus week

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
jaredsmomdeb

brachial plexus week

Post by jaredsmomdeb »

has anyone made any ribbens my son jared and i made over 250 and will be mailing them to family and friends and made lots for his school, sending along a little note to explain what they are wearing it for.
admin
Site Admin

Re: brachial plexus week

Post by admin »

I understand the silver ribbons but what does the bell symbolize? I dont remember reading about it.
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

In our very first awareness week, one of our themes was ringing in Awareness, so it comes from that.

Nancy
Cara
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My oldest daughter suffered a LOBPI. We were sent home form the hospital without being told anything was wrong. She had nerve graft surgery at one year of age, tendon transfer and release at 3 1/2 yrs of age.

Post by Cara »

If you are looking for supplies to make ribbons check out Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I found this great garland last year with tons of little silver bells on it. It was with the christmas decorations. i hit the clearance and bought several rolls of it and silver ribbon so i would have them for making awarness stuff this year.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Don't know about you lot, but I find that sewing is one of the MOST difficult things it is possible to do with a BPI.

Just a 'throwaway' observation... I think the idea of making Awareness ribbons is sound.
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Myself, I'm not proficient in any sewing...ha, ha. So I took the easy way out with these silver ribbons. I contacted UBPN and bought them. My daughter (ROBPI), son, myself, therapists, and family members all wear them. Thanks so much.

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old