trip pics

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

trip pics

Post by cbe411 »

Here I have finally gotten my pictures from my venture accross the pond up so that they can be viewed... Thie blonde girl in Amy, she lives in Alabama and is LTBPI, I am the othere loon and RTBPI (for those who dont know) The pics in the end are great, of the gathering at Squires and the loons there! Enjoy!!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/court1720/album?.dir=2202

COurt xx
jacko

Re: trip pics

Post by jacko »

Brilliant Court!. Is there any chance you could work for the English Tourist Board ?
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

NICE ONE Court!! I loooved them, speshally the ones from around my house (obviously!!lol)

I'm sure that lot on the other boards would love to see them...why not post the link on there too? Also, would you be able to name or title some on 'em so peeps will know who is who?? cheers luv...

Lizzyb/brit ma x
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Great pics Court! Love the one of you with Neal and Liz-I almost feel as if I was there in the Squires shots, thanks for that.You do look like you're having fun :0)
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Glad you all enjoyed them... I didnt even think to post them on the UK boards liz.... DUHH!! (blonde moment) I will have to do that! I Still have to play around with them a bit nad see about captions...

Court xx
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

Court,
I think if you just double click on the photo you can edit the "title" and/or caption.
I haven't uploaded any yahoo photo's for a while, but I remember it was pretty easy.

Peg
PeggyUBPN

Re: rename trip pics

Post by PeggyUBPN »

yeah...double click the photo and then hit the "Edit" button and then "Edit Name". You can rename the photo and add a descriotion, too.

cbe411

Post by cbe411 »

Thanks Peggy, I am in the process of doing this! I also reaslized I forgot a few pics so I am adding about 12 more right now... enjoy....

COurt xx
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Courtney,

Great photos. I was so good to put a face to a name. Michael was the one about playstation control. Will email you soon re this. I was curious to ask you from seeing your photos, how much movement do you have in BPI arm. I really have to admit it is so hard to tell that you have an injury at all. Can you bend your elbow etc. The other thing I noticed was that there was little size difference between arms....how do you manage this. I think Michael finds it a bit hard that even though he is doing physio and exercises etc his bpi arm is quite thinner than the other. What's your secret.... regards Narelle.. by the way would love to get the chance to visit you guys one day.... I can only wish...
cbe411

Post by cbe411 »

Narelle,let me know about the PS cord, its not a big deal, anything to help! As far as my BPI arm goes, I have hand function, its actually pretty strong, usually hurts like hell though,some triceps, thought weak, can shrug my shoulder. We are currently working on biceps, I can bend it but not against gravity so only when I am sliding it accross the table or something, NOT USEFUL!! I really have lucked out to no get my atrophy at all in my arm. I think in the upper arm there is a half inch difference in them. My lower arm, I had to mesaure it, it about a half inch smaller as well! Crazyness! I really have amazed my doctors with this as well as myself! I Do belive that this comes from some thing still attached in my arm, some inervation. The atrophy comes from NO inervation to the muscles, so the concensus is that I must have something in tact inn there. I have had 2 ops and just stopped doing physio for a bit, been going strong for 3.5 years! Feels great to have a break!!! Tell Michael dont giev up, anything can happen! Mind over matter helps alot too! Maybe you guys can get over here next year for camp... or to Squires (UK) next summer... just a thought! Be in touch.....

COurt xx