Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Angela Butterfly

London Transit System AGAIN !?!?

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Heaven Help us ALL.
PeggyUBPN

Re: London Transit System AGAIN !?!?

Post by PeggyUBPN »

I'm just watching the news on it now! I couldn't believe it. I thought they were discussing the terrible incident of 2 weeks ago.
Take care, all! Our friends and their families and freinds in the UK are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peggy

njbirk

Post by njbirk »

I am so saddened to hear this news.
My heart goes out to all our friends in the UK.

Nancy
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

It's looking like it's maybe a bit of an elaborate hoax, or an attempt at causing death and destruction that has gone wrong.

So far at the moment anyway, the news is no-one has died or even been injured apart from someone who was '...carrying a backpack where a detonator only is presumed to have gone off..' and the backpack carrying person was slightly injured (I'm tempted to say 'good!' here, but I won't! ;0) )

Please don't take too much notice of some news reports, particularly some of the sattelite news companies..they tend to blow everything out of proportion and sensationalise everything.

One bloke who was evicted with hundreds of others from Waren Street tube station was being interviewed by the BBC news team, and they asked him 'were you scared that there was a bomb?' and he said 'No, it's been a bit of a bl**dy nuisance because we (he indicated his wife at this pont) have to get to the Isle of Wight by tonight..' And that just about sums up what the average Londoner thinks of all this...

Thanks for your concern, believe me it is very much appreciated.

Liz B :0)
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Thanks Liz for letting us know the real story.

We have the same problems here with Media trying to make things appear worse than is necessary. Making it appear as if people are not going on with their life.

We had a "fake" bomb planted at the Local Mall here yesterday... it is a huge mall and a target that has very tight police patrols... Today the Mall is full but it's still all over our local news. One elderly couple said that life goes on and they won't live scared...

Glad everyone is OK...

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

this is the first site I'm visiting after waking up and having a cuppa-boy did this post shock me! Thanks Lizzy for clarifying things....I agree about the media, I had to turn the sound down on CNN when the bombs went off on 7/7, because the commentator was absolutely hysterical, talking about terror and chaos when all the camera was showing was Brits standing around drinking tea, buying newspapers etc, the total opposite of what the commentator was describing. Then someone in the gallery must have realised how stupid this made CNN look, so instead of showing live, calm, footage of the emergency services expertly dealing with the situation and Londoners calmly getting on with their lives (which would make the terrorists very depressed) they showed loop footage over and over of badly injured people being rushed out of ambulances-the same 3 shots over and over! Talk about playing right into the hands of the terrorists! It's like, if it's not sensationalised it's not news or something. Sometimes I think the media should take a look at themselves, if people become scared to travel, then the terrorists have won. Winston Churchill would be spinning in his grave!

Another thing I noticed was, not one mention was made of the fact that actually all of this has been going on since the 60's in London, people there are used to it. They ignored the IRA for 30 years, and where are that rabble now? Did they win? No way. The fact that the terrorists have a different cause than the last lot is neither here nor there, the way to stop them is to totally ignore them and present their acts as evil, cowardly, and easily dealt with, not exciting and sensational. I'm writing to CNN right now.....
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Thanks Liz for the real update.

wow,

As Kath said, we have the same problem.

Hugs, Karen

lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

It looks like now they have arrested 2 people. Might not be any of the potential bombers, but it could be..we'll all know soon enough I guess.

One of the attackers/bombers whatever nearly got stopped and held by members of the public who tried to stop him as he ran scared out of the train and up the escalators..unfortunately he got away by the skin of his teeth..I wouldn't mind betting that there are several VERY scared would be suicide bombers out there right now....serve 'em bl**dy well right...!

Liz
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

it would, INDEED!
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I hope that are scared...
Liz & Jen ... I agree they keep looping the mess instead to the people who move on... I hate that... good thing we all have experienced media hype and know that seem to feed in to the jerks ego's instead of dissing them. I saw that after 9/ll they ignored all the brave people... and showed all the immediate damage over and over again...

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi