Can't come to camp?

Discuss Camp UBPN
njbirk

Can't come to camp?

Post by njbirk »

You can join us by participating in our Hands Across America project.

You can find the full description of the project and a photo here:
http://ubpn.org/camp2005/2005camphandsproject.html

Let me tell you a bit about this project. It is similar to the projects that other national organizations use (the Children's Miracle Network comes readily to my mind) in which someone purchases a cutout at a local store and that cutout is plastered all over the wall or ceiling.

Our project will do that and a whole lot more because we want to incorporate it into camp itself

We wanted it to serve several goals:

1. Allow people who can't come to camp to feel a part of it.
2. Be a project that the children at camp could create.
3. Provide an exciting ceremony at the camp's conclusion.
4. Be a means of raising funds to help support camp activities.

So read more about it at the website link above and please join us.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President

PeggyUBPN

Re: Can't come to camp?

Post by PeggyUBPN »

This project will mean a great deal to the camp this year. I hope that you will take the time to review it and participate.

Peggy
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

Thanks for the support, Louise!

Sorry you won't physically be there, but you will most definitely be there in spirit!

Peggy
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Mailing mine on Monday. Hope everyone has a great time at camp.

Marlyn
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

This is such a great way to bring the bpi community together... even if we can't all attend camp.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Thanks to so many of you who have responded to this. We have 170 paper dolls sold! The kids are going to have a blast decorating your dolls and surrounding the room with the chain they form on the last night of camp.

The money raised will cover the cost of the arts and crafts programs at camp for all the kids. Thank you all once again!

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

I wanted to give an update on the number of paper dolls that have been donated so far for this project. We are at 306! The kids are gonna be real busy decorating and putting this chain together.

Thanks everyone!

Nancy Birk
UBPN President