Pictures of your kids!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
francine

Pictures of your kids!

Post by francine »

Since there seem to be a lot of new people on here, I want to tell you that if you'd like a picture of your child to appear on www.injurednewborn.com all you have to do is email it to me to francine@injurednewborn.com.

The pictures on there serve many purposes - it shows other people that this is a real thing we are talking about and that kids do get injured. And another important aspect is that I feel that those whose pictures are on there are in a way 'standing up' for unborn children in hope that they won't get injured because the site is a 'prevention' site.

anyway...just thought I'd share this at this time...

francine
TNT1999

Re: Pictures of your kids!

Post by TNT1999 »

It's funny that you just posted this b/c earlier today, I was looking at the pics on your site and thought the same thing -- time for some new ones!

I want to say also that the pics on the site have more benefits as well. If your child is in a position to have surgery done, then you will likely find a picture of a child with the same type (or similar) of splint or cast. That will help them to be able to visualize it even from a young age. Plus, they will see the children with those splints on, as well as many others, smiling and carrying on with their activities. I think that will help ease stress (for the child and for the parent). Another benefit is that if you still don't have a digital camera like me and want to "show" someone a picture of your child, you can tell them where to look on the site. At the same time, I appreciate the anonymity of keeping the pics posted w/o names. Thank you, Francine, for all you do for so many people! I'm looking forward to seeing more beautiful pictures (even though I'm sad to learn about so many more injured children). BTW, some adults with BPIs have submitted pics too (hint, hint to any new injured adults here).
francine

Oh gosh, YES - ADULTS TOO !!!!

Post by francine »

and teenagers and anyone who has a bpi no matter how they got it!! I don't discriminate.

-francine