Survey

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
shelley bsw

Re: Survey

Post by shelley bsw »

I check this everyday and learn sosmething new everyday! You guys do a great job =:0)

Shelley
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I read at least once a week.

Wendy
TNT1999

Post by TNT1999 »

Hi, Marnie. Good question. I usually go straight to the general board. Since we've been in camp season though, I go back to the forums list and then to the camp board usually daily. On the forums list screen, I don't see this board -- I have to scroll down to see it, so it's not something I think to do too often. If I scroll down, I'll look at the last date and see if there's anything new and check it out. I'd say I prob. look at it once a week or so right now, but that will prob. be a little less when "camp talk" is pretty much behind us for a while. Personally, I think that while it's good to have a separate board for BPI Events and to post the details here, I think it's also good to put a brief post on the general board directing people to checkout a particular event on this board (at least once when it's first announced and maybe then bumping up that post when it's getting close to registration deadline).

~Tina

~Tina
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Read it easily. I check the boards just about daily. Never had a problem.

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

I check this board when a new message is indicated.

John P.
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

John,

Nice of you to check in, even while on travel with your bride! Take a break! You deserve it. It can all wait until you get home.

Peggy
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

I check it about once a week......even though I usually get e-mail notification from my BPI support group !
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Hi,
I check all Boards at least once a day. I hope all campers are adjusting to the real world again okay.
John & Marlene, I hope you have a restful vacation,you both worked hard now have fun....
Hugs all around,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

I get on the boards as much as I possibly can. I always check to see if there is anything close to me too.
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

Post by Brenda333 »

I check it everytime there is a new entry.
Brenda
http://www.cafepress.com/erbspalsy
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic